- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Tone’s® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper $
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over both sides of pork, and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let pork stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Place couscous in a large bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cherries, and remaining ingredients. Serve with pork.
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves $
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add 1/4 teaspoon cumin and tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute. Return chicken to pan; spoon tomato mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with cilantro.