It’s Homecoming Week at the University of Memphis! It’s a special time for alumni to return to campus and for current students to celebrate all that is great about our school.
Here are some events you won’t want to miss:
- Homecoming Parade – Friday, October 19 at 5:30. To see the parade route, click the following link: http://www.memphis.edu/alumni/pdfs/paraderoute.pdf
- Homecoming Pep Rally – Friday, October 19 at 6:30 on the Student Plaza (by the fountain!). Special guests include President Raines, Tammy Hedges (alumni director) and Coach Fuente. Free food and beverages provided.
- Homecoming Alumni Step Show – Friday, October 19 immediately following the Pep Rally in the Elma Roane Field House. Doors open at 7:30. Proceeds benefit the Luther C. McClellan Scholarship Fund. Pre-sale tickets will be available in the Rose Theater Box Office for $10 on the following dates:
– Wednesday, October 17, 11:00-1:00
– Thursday, October 18, 11:00-1:00
– Friday, October 19, 11:00-1:00
Tickets will be $15 at the door or $10 for FAM (Future Alumni Association)/Alumni Association members (must present ID)
- All Greek Step Show – Saturday, October 20 from 1:00-4:00 in the Rose Theater. Tickets are available between 10:00-1:00 in the UC Lobby on Wednesday and Thursday. $5 in advance; $10 at the door.
For information on additional student Homecoming activities taking place this week, click on the following link: http://www.memphis.edu/sac/homecoming.php.
For a complete schedule of alumni activities and events, click on the following link: Memphis.edu/alumni/homecoming.php
Homecoming Football Game: University of Memphis vs. Central Florida, 7:00 at the Liberty Bowl. Free to all U of M students with a valid university ID. The first 3,000 students through the Student Gate will receive a free University of Memphis rally towel !!
- Student Gate: All students must enter the Liberty Bowl through the Student Gate (Gate 6). A valid university t ID card is required. If your ID is damaged, you can get a free replacement at the Campus Card Office (5th floor of Wilder Tower) during regular office hours (8:00-4:30, M-F).
- Student Parking/Tailgating Lot: Those wishing to tailgate at the Liberty Bowl can pick up a free parking pass at the Information Desk in the University Center starting at noon on Wednesday, October 17. There are 300 passes available – first come, first served. Food and beverages will be provided, along with your favorite music!
- Football Shuttles: There will be free shuttle service to and from the Liberty Bowl, departing from the Central Avenue parking lot. Shuttle service begins at 5:00 and will run continuously until one hour after the end of the game. The shuttle will drop you off and pick you up directly in front of the Student Gate.
- Guest Tickets: Students may purchase guest tickets for the football game (limit 2) at the Bursar’s Office anytime this week during regular hours (8:00-4:30). Guest tickets may also be purchased at the Student Gate (Gate 6) on game day. Price is $7 ($5 for the guest of a part-time student). Student ID required.